The castle-palace of Alacuás, Castillo de las Cuatro Torres or Palacio de los Aguilar is one of the noble mansions built during the feudal decadence of the 16th century. It is located in Alacuás (Valencia) Spain.
It is a palace-castle with residential characteristics, with coffered ceilings in the rooms, tiles and ornamental arrangements and important architectural elements that announce the Renaissance. However, it lacks exterior signs, as was customary at that time when strength and defense capacity prevailed.
It is declared a Historic and Artistic Monument on April 21, 1918, and a Site of Cultural Interest on December 1, 1999.
At the end of the reform of the Palace-Castle on March 19, 2007, many spaces saw the primitive and outdated functions modified, such as the library, where the old stables were, equipped with a whole set of bibliographic sources of the local history of Alacuás, the Valencian Renaissance and the Castle of Alacuás and, in addition, the different studies of the Master Plan, carried out before the restoration.
On the mezzanine floor, the so-called Sala La Torre, has been enabled for an exhibition space and has also allowed the creation of a space to locate the Valencian headquarters of the Ernest Lluch Foundation and the most important activities.
Alaquàs (Sp. Alacuás) is a municipality in the comarca of Horta Oest in the Valencian Community, Spain.
GPS coordinates: 39°27′28″N 0°27′24″O