It is the northernmost point of Basque country.
It was inaugurated in 1852, located at the tip of Cape Machichaco. On December 9, 1909 it was reopened after a reform motivated by the poor condition of the optics, building a new one 100 meters from the old one. It was electrified in 1937, in 1954 a specific long wave signal was installed a siren in the tower for foggy days.
The lighthouse has an observatory for birds and cetaceans attached.
How to get to?
From Bilbao 41 min (34.9 km) via BI-631
From Vitoria 1 hr 30 min (104 km) via AP-68
From San Sebastian 1 hr 39 min (122 km) via AP-8
From Madrid 4 hr 41 min (442 km) via A-1