Bolotnaya Embankment (until 1922, it included the former Kokorevsky Boulevard) is an embankment along the left (northern) bank of the Vodootvodny Canal in the Yakimanka district of Moscow. It starts from the western arrow of the island between the Vodootvodny Canal and the Moscow River and ends at the Maly Moskvoretsky Bridge.
Serafimovich Street, Bolotnaya Square, Faleevsky Lane overlook the embankment.
Bolotnaya embankment unites two historical areas of Moscow – Bersenevka and Boloto. Between them, from time immemorial, there is a road to Kaluga.
The embankment traces its history back to the construction of the Vodootvodny Canal in the 1780s. In the 18th century, between it and the Bersenevskaya Embankment, the Wine and Salt Yard was established – the largest excise warehouse in the city, and to the east of it, on Tsaritsyn Meadow (since the beginning of the 19th century – Bolotnaya Square), there were shops of merchants.
The western part of the embankment (as well as the settlement located south of Golutvin) in the 19th century turned into an industrial zone in the very center of the city. In 1885, the Einem factory (Red October) construction began in Bersenevka.
Opposite the Bolotnaya embankment is the Yakimanskaya embankment.
Nearest metro: Kropotkinskaya, Borovitskaya.