Blue Delage AI Torpedo 3 from 1913 with four cylinders (2320 cc). Max. speed: 60 km/h. Made in France
Delage was a French luxury automobile and racecar company founded in 1905 by Louis Delâge in Levallois-Perret near Paris; it was acquired by Delahaye in 1935 and ceased operation in 1953.
On 7 November 2019, the association “Les Amis de Delage”, created in 1956 and owner of the Delage brand, announced the re-founding of the company Delage Automobiles.
The first model was the Type A, a voiturette which appeared in 1906. It was powered by a one-cylinder De Dion-Bouton of 4.5 or 9 hp (3.4 or 6.7 kW; 4.6 or 9.1 PS). Like other early carmakers, Delage participated in motor racing, entering the Coupe de Voiturettes held at Rambouillet in November 1906 with a 9 hp (6.7 kW; 9.1 PS) racer.
Seven days of regularity trials decided the entrants, and one of the two 9 metric horsepower (6.6 kW) Delage specials was wrecked in the rain on the fifth; nevertheless, Ménard, the other works driver, came second in the event, behind a Sizaire-Naudin.
Delage was absorbed into Hotchkiss along with Delahaye in 1954, and car manufacturing ended.