Armored fighting vehicles of Germany: the medium tank PzKfw III was the basis of the armored forces of the Wehrmacht until the advent of PzKfw V (Panther), although it was originally developed as a machine for platoon commanders. A tank in various modifications was produced from 1937 to 1943 by the firms Daimler-Benz, Henschel, Man, Alkett, Krupp, FAMO, Wegmann, MIAG. Tanks were activily used in all theaters of operations of the Second World War: from the Eastern front to the African desert. In the Red Army, tanks were the favorite commander’s vehicles because of comfort, excellent optics, radio communications. There were entire battalions formed from trophy tanks.
Vadim Zadorozhny’s Museum of Equipment, Russia
Years of production: 1937 – 1943
Issued: 5691 units
Power: 285 hp
Speed: 40 km/h
Weight: 20.3 t
Crew: 5 persons