1949 Talbot-Lago T-26C Racing Monoplace Formula One.
The 4.5-litre, six-cylinder Talbot-Lago T26 was eligible for F1 competition post-war, and many examples, both factory and private, appeared in the first two years of the F1 World Championship, 1950 and 1951. Talbots came fourth and fifth in the inaugural World Championship race, the 1950 British Grand Prix, piloted by Yves Giraud-Cabantous and Louis Rosier respectively. The move to two-litre F2 regulations for 1952 effectively ended Talbot’s F1 spell as a manufacturer.
Talbot-Lago was a French automobile manufacturer based in Suresnes, Hauts de Seine, outside Paris. The company was owned and managed by Antonio Lago, an Italian engineer that acquired rights to the Talbot brand name after the demise of Darracq London’s subsidiary Automobiles Talbot France in 1936.
Under Lago’s managing, the company produced a range of automobiles that included sport and racing cars, in some cases designed by coachbuild company Figoni et Falaschi. until the Talbot-Lago demise in 1959, when company’s financial problems forced Lago to sell it to Simca.